University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant or
Associate Professor position, beginning January, 2016. Teaching
responsibilities would be primarily in the DNP program. Qualified candidates
will have an unencumbered Pennsylvania (PA) RN license or be eligible for
licensure in PA and a doctorate in nursing or related field. Candidates
should possess a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, service and
scholarship. Two years of recent experience in the following is preferred: teaching
at the graduate level, advanced nursing practice, research and scholarly
publication, and success in working with diverse populations of students is
- Teach and advise within the DNP Program
- Maintain clinical practice and/or scholarship agenda
- Participate in University and School of Nursing committees
- Support other nursing graduate and undergraduate programs as needed
- Earned Doctorate Degree (DNP) which qualifies candidate to teach in the DNP Program
- Academic Experience at the Graduate Level
- Scholarship Experience Preferred
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest standards
of ethical conduct. They commit to act
with integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the
University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment, maintain
confidentiality, and to comply with legal and professional obligations.
All positions require the following:
- Letter of Application including teaching philosophy;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- Three current letters of reference;
- Official transcripts
School of Nursing, Carlow University, 3333 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 or e-mail to HR3@carlow.edu.
Only completed application packets will be advanced in consideration. Review will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.
Carlow University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer by choice. We value diversity and we are committed to the recruitment of underrepresented groups.